November 30, 2014 7:08 AM BP: 135/90/68 fitbit: 1692
Day 30 of National Novel Writers Month (NaNoWriMo).
Target number of words for today: 0 (I’m done)
NaNoWriMo Words written and reported today: 0
NaNoWriMo words: 50,128 of 50,000 words
Day 70 of Dragon Dictate and Scrivener – Current writing streak: 54 days in a row – 1948 words today (so far)
Yesterday I surpassed the writing goal of 50,000 words for the November 2014 NaNoWriMo event. One hundred and twenty-eight (128) words over and a day to spare.
This is my second consecutive year for completing the event and because I was using Dragon Dictate, it was much easier than last year when I just banged away at the keyboard. It was more productive in that I gained a month’s experience in the use of Dragon Dictate and Scrivener as well as a better knowledge of storytelling as explained in the book I dictated from, Story Engineering by Larry Brooks.
- Did I write a novel? No.
- Did I write 50,128 words of original content? No.
- Did I improve my pronunciation? Yes.
- Did I get a better idea of story structure? Yes.
- Will I ever write a novel? Probably not.
- Did I enjoy meeting the average of 1,667 words per day every day? Yes.
- Was I more productive because I had a self-imposed deadline to meet for 30 days in a row? Yes.
- Will I do it again next year? If the good Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise.
[Couldn’t help that last sentence. You can take the boy out of Kentucky but …]
What will I do today and for the next eleven months until NaNoWriMo 2015 rolls around? Today I plan to continue doing what I’ve been doing for the past 29 days. I have dictated chapters 8 – 36. There are 14 more chapters. Could be over in about 2 weeks if I decide to continue. Let’s see what I will do.
Today, I will do chapter 37, The Second Plot Point.
And oh, by the way, I used some of my NaNoWriMo results in my 750 words per day goal that runs for every day of the year and was able to win the 30 Day Writing Challenge for November at 750words.com